Non-resident landlords

A non-resident landlord is an individual or company that lives or trades abroad for six months or more in a year, and is in receipt of UK rental income.

If these conditions are fulfilled, HMRC will require you to comply with the terms of the Non-Resident Landlords Scheme. There are also several taxes that a non-resident landlord may need to pay, including income tax, the annual tax on enveloped dwellings and the stamp duty land tax (SDLT) charge.

Contact the team at Anderson Phillips today for advice on registering yourself as a non-resident landlord and the suitable arrangement of owning UK properties. We can also act as your UK tax agent and administer all the financial paperwork.

Please contact us for more information.